Draw Tap GIS, LLC is an Esri Business Partner and was founded in 2015 with the simple idea of providing quality, low cost Geographic Information System (GIS) consulting services to clients in local government, public safety, and utility agencies. Draw Tap GIS is a Silver Member of the Esri Partner Network and implements the ArcGIS Platform for enterprise engagement. Draw Tap GIS is seeking a GIS Technician to support the Water Resources Department for our client located in the City of Pomona.
Draw Tap GIS Technicians are responsible for a variety of routine and complex professional GIS assignments in maintaining the accuracy and quality of the City’s Enterprise Geodatabase information. Additionally, GIS Technicians also provide products, services and end-user training to support a wide variety of City functions, processes and analytical requirements. GIS Technicians must integrate GIS theories, principles, software and data to produce custom and standard maps, data displays and other products to meet end-user requirements. GIS Technicians design, develop and maintain specialized spatial datasets and layers within the City’s geodatabase or in separate project file based geodatabases to support these functions.
• Perform GIS data capturing, data conversion, and data entry work using ESRI ArcGIS software
• Maintain integrity of the geodatabase using quality control procedures
• Upload data into City’s geodatabase from internal and external sources
• Visually audit uploaded information for errors or inconsistency
• Input information into the GIS geodatabase from As-built plans and information provided by contractors and consultants
• Update land base parcel, address point, and street centerline information as required for new development
• Generate custom GIS data queries and analysis as requested by City staff
• Generate a variety of specific, high quality cartographic and thematic maps and provide spatial analysis for City staff, internal meetings, Council meetings
• Produce water, sewer, and storm water system atlas maps
• Receive and format data records and/or facilitate transfer of electronic files into GIS from CAD database
• Collaborate with GIS Administrator to improve City’s GIS datasets
• Provide assistance to professional engineering staff regarding engineering capital projects or other special assignments as needed
• Read and interpret engineering maps and maintain a geodatabase for the City’s water, sewer and storm water information
• Possess a Bachelor Degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, or a closely related field with coursework in GIS from an accredited college or university. Two years of professional work experience in the GIS field with sufficient training and hands on experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
• Must have one year of professional work experience in the use and operation of Geographical Information Systems, applications, software, and maintaining of GIS data, preferably in the Esri ArcGIS Platform.
• Previous knowledge of water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water systems and related utility business processes as it relates to a geometric network.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruption.
• Must have a class “C” California Driver’s License, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
• Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Schedule & Compensation:
City of Pomona, CA
4/10 work schedule
Every Friday off
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]